This is a quick short article which describes the Top 5 attributes of a website that makes it more Useful for readers in terms of content and UI.
I give it a though and here is my observation.
General Attributes that is applicable to any niche or any type of websites/blog
- Offer Unique Value – A useful website always offer unique value to its visitor; no matter whether it is an ecommerce website or a blog.
- Coverage of Topic– A useful website provides detailed information about the topic. When a user came to such site from search engines then it found the solution to his/her problem. After landing on such site user need not to search any more.
- User Engagement– A useful website keeps its visitor engages in various activities by providing lots of useful content. It provides reasons to user to visit website again and again.
- Site Structure– It as a key element of a useful website. Easy and smooth navigation keeps user busy in exploring your websites. Your website navigation should be implemented in such a way that neither it should provide too many choices nor very few because both situations create confusion in visitor’s mind.
- Responsive– A useful website provide easy to use and easy to navigate UI on all devices (PC, Laptop, Mobiles and tablets). It changes its UI according to device. A responsive UI is must in today’s scenarios where people access your websites on different devices.
Attributes for E-Commerce websites
- Deal for Everyone– It should provide attractive deals for every type of users depending upon their buying capacity.
- Easy Selection– It should provide easy product selection with the help of ‘Filtering’, ‘Comparison’ and ‘reviews’.
- Responsive– It should be easily accessible on all kind of devices (Laptop, Desktop, Tablets or Mobile).
- Quality Content– It should have a blog that must provide high quality supporting content for each product/service that site is selling.
- Attractive landing Page– For e-commerce sites, landing page is key element. It should be highly relevant to the search query that user has used in search engine to land on this site.
My 2 cents
- It should provide
- Better Deals (If it is ecommerce site)
- Quality content (If it is blog)
- Honest Reviews
- Don’t make it only for Google. Neither Google is going to read what you have written not Google will buy product/service you are selling. It is real people who will read or buy your service so focus of real human being.
- Provide option for feedback. It really helps to improve your service quality. People really like to provide feedback for both king of services (bad and good).